In today’s society, many young athletes look up to professional athletes in various sports. They admire them for their physical attributes and are amazed by their ability to push the limits of the human body. They also revere professionals who possess superior motor skills and must perform under intense pressure such as doctors, first responders, law enforcement officers, military personnel, and many others.
However, what most people don't realize is that these individuals were not born with the physical prowess and mental resilience they later display in life. There is a significant amount of preparation that goes into performing at that level, and success almost always depends on both physical and mental toughness.
West-Mont United Soccer Association is proud to have established partnerships with BodyMetrix Nutrition and Dr. Rachel Hoeft to provide our young athletes with information on Mental Performance and Body Wellness. With these resources, we will be able to provide parents and players with helpful information and tips that will address many of these areas of sports performance. You can find links to this information below.
- May 2022: Being a Leader Without a Title
- April 2022: Reset Routines for Mistakes
- March 2022: The Importance of Pre-Game Routines
- February 2022: The Healthy Athlete
- January 2022: Positive/Directional Self Talk
- December 2021: Staying Motivated During the Holiday Season
- November 2021: Building Confidence
HEALTH & WELLNESS NEWSLETTERS FROM BODYMETRIX NUTRITION
- June 2022: Hydration & Sports Drinks
- May 2022: Eating Healthy at Wawa
- April 2022: Weeknight Meal Planning
- March 2022: Nutrition for Injury Prevention
- February 2022: Tournament Nutrition
- January 2022: Pre and Post workout Nutrition
- December 2021: Power Up With Protein
- November 2021: Healthy Game-Day Checklist