What is TOPSoccer? It is a soccer program that provides children with special needs the opportunity to learn and play soccer in a structured and fun environment. Each player is assigned a “buddy” who will assist them in learning the game of soccer.
The program fosters the physical and emotional growth and development of America’s youth through the sport of soccer at all levels. It takes kids from the sidelines and gets them into the game. The players will develop a sense of community and will learn what it is to be part of a team. The program will help improve social skills, fitness and self-esteem. But most importantly, the players and their buddies will have FUN!!
· Players: Children ages 5-18 years old (bring sneakers, ball and water)
· Buddies: Volunteers 10 years old & up preferably with soccer experience
· When: Sundays from 6:30 – 7:30 PM.
· Training Session Dates: June 16th, 23rd, 30th, July 7th, 14th, 21st
· Where: Field at Crossroads Presbyterian Church
o 10 W Cherry Lane, Limerick PA (church facilities available)
· Cost - $20.00 per player
Coach Dave Stevenson is a high school soccer coach and teacher
Coach Teresa Straffin is an elementary special education teacher